What is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?

"Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) is a severe form of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. It is generally described as unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids."

Quoted from the HER Foundation Website
www.helpher.org/hyperemesis-gravidarum/

Friday, August 20, 2010

Baby Fit - More Than Morning Sickness

I get a daily e-mail from Baby Fit - something I signed up for early on in Mac's pregnancy. Usually it has a link to an article relating somehow to a healthy pregnancy: what foods to eat or not to eat, how much exercise to get during each trimester, how to have a healthy postpartum period and other handy topics that might interest moms-to-be. I haven't really followed it too much since I gave birth but still read them occasionally. So earlier this week I opened my inbox and was so excited to see an article about HG! I know that there have been things about regular morning sickness and how to deal with that but I haven't seen anything relating to HG until now. The article is not very long but does give a short explanation of what HG is, how to diagnose it and some common treatments. I am posting the link so everyone can read:

More Than Morning Sickness: What Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?

1 comment: