What is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?

"Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) is a severe form of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. It is generally described as unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids."

Quoted from the HER Foundation Website
www.helpher.org/hyperemesis-gravidarum/

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

God Really DOES Answer Prayer!

It never ceases to amaze me that God actually cares about the little things in my life - things that I care about but really aren't all that important. There are times when I pray 'little' prayers - I like to call them popcorn prayers. Like when I am having a stressful time dealing with my two year old who is refusing to listen or throwing his supper all over my freshly cleaned floor and I quickly pray for patience before my head explodes. That type of prayer.

So last Tuesday I went shopping with just the boys. It's an adventure, let's just leave it at that. I do it every Tuesday morning so that I can watch my Tuesday night shows (go White Collar and Covert Affairs!!!). I know it would be easier to switch nights but then I would have one less night with Hubby and both those shows are only on for a short time this summer. Anyway, back to my story.

I had just finished going both to Aldi and Walmart and was heading out to the car to pack up the boys and go home. Hmmm...'packing up the boys' sounds so, weird. Put them into their carseats - that sounds better. I had Ty in the cart and Mac in his carrier. He was napping very peacefully.

One thing you should know: our vehicle is old. 12 years old to be exact. It has seen better days. It has a few problems, nothing major but things that make it a pain sometimes. Like when you unlock the door the car alarm goes off. Neither Hubby nor I are car people and have no idea how to disarm the thing so we just deal with it.

Back to Tuesday...Mac was sleeping and I knew that the alarm would wake him up and since he had missed his morning nap that would NOT be a good thing. As I was turning the key in the lock I quickly prayed that the alarm would not go off when I opened the door. I opened the door and it didn't go off. Amazing. I know I shouldn't be so surprised but seriously, whenever that happens I am shocked and yet somehow feel like I expected it all the time. It's a weird feeling. I thanked God and managed to put the sleeping baby into his carseat without waking him.

I love God. Asking for the alarm not to go off didn't change the course of the world but it did make my day a little easier and Mac a happy child. I should have asked Him to make it stop forever. What was I thinking? Oh well, I'll have to remember that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment