What is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?

"Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) is a severe form of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. It is generally described as unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids."

Quoted from the HER Foundation Website
www.helpher.org/hyperemesis-gravidarum/

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On Being Sick

I had always wondered how it would be with two young children if both Hubby and I were sick at the same time. Unfortunately I now know. Yesterday afternoon/evening both Hubby and I were running fevers of 101+ and could barely make it out of bed. W ran around the house oblivious to the fact that his parents were sick. I think he was enjoying his new found freedom and the fact that we gave him whatever he wanted for a change (this included several movies and a whole lot of cereal). B wasn't so pleased since I could barely hold him. He likes to be held. Nursing was also a challenge.

Thankfully today we are doing much better. Hubby was able to make it to work and I am able to continue potty training. By the way, potty training while sick is not a good idea. Just an FYI for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment